Albany Saw Works were established in 1855 by Messrs.
Robert H. Pruyn and Charles B. Lansing, under the name
of the Albany Iron and Saw Works, in connection with the
In 1879, the present firm, consisting
of Edward Y. Lansing, a son of the founder, and James
Goodwin, who has been connected with the business from
its foundation, succeeded to it, their predecessors
being J. T. Lansing & Co., of which firm both were